Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Martha's Vineyard 2009




















Well - Emmah and I just returned from Martha's Vineyard Tuesday evening around 5:30 pm. We had such a great time with Matt's mom!

We left Saturday morning around 5:00 am and took the ferry from Massachusetts to Martha's Vineyard.

Once we got there, we decided to hit up this great oyster/sushi restaurant. I had raw oysters, a sweet potato roll and a yellowtail roll. Sooo yummy. It was so good that I forgot to share some of sweet potato roll with Paula!!! But for the record - SHE WAS PLANNING TO "STEP OUT OF THE BOX" AND TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Paula took us to see the Gingerbread houses in the afternoon (pictures above) and we went out to eat later on that night to a restaurant called "The Shanty" which was right on the water.

We decided to hit the beach on Sunday and meet Paula's friends for cocktails on South Beach during the evening. We laughed, drank, and watched the sunset!

Monday we hit the beach again (Emmah was a beach bunny by this time - see pics) and got take out at "Jimmy Seas Pasta." I got the Scallops Napoli - delish!!!! We ate our dinner on the sand next to the water. Amazing.

I bought Emmah a pair of "Lobster PJ's" - which are a necessity if you go to Martha's Vineyard.

Emmah and I ended our last day (Tuesday) with a little shopping at the Black Dog store and some other shops before heading back to the ferry.

Martha's Vineyard is a beautiful place and Emmah and I hope to go again.

1 comment:

Ashley Amanda said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Next time you come to NY we can go wine tasting since I'll be 21 :-D